Thursday, April 2, 2009

Damn it! My Notebook Has Finally Konked Out!



It's official!

After almost 4 years of active service and seeing action in exotic locations such as the greenline in Beirut and the shores of Algerie, my Toshiba Satellite M50 notebook has finally konked out.

The notebook has repeatedly shut down abruptly without proper power down-ing. =(

Today, I brought it to Toshiba service center for repairs. The preliminary verdict? A faulty fan which allowed the notebook's hard disk and motherboard to overheat. Upon overheating, the notebook shuts down to prevent the hard disk and motherboard from damage. Yes, the notebook has seen some pretty dusty places so hence the faulty fan.

I hope that with the repairs, which don't come cheap, my notebook could be in working condition again.

(Update 27 April 09)
Half a month and $730 later, I got my notebook from Toshiba service center complete with a new motherboard replacement as the previous motherboard burnt out. Finally, it is in working condition again and I'm all smiles =D

No comments:

Post a Comment