Thursday, December 17, 2009

Happy Aquarium: I Can Now Keep Fish Online

Do electric fish dream of electric dreams?


Facebook is kind enough to introduce Happy Aquarium, an aquarium simulation game, for busy people like me who likes keeping fishes but simply has no time to care for the real fishes.

One of my hobbies is keeping fishes. I dream of owning my marine fish aquarium someday. At the moment, I'll settled for Happy Aquarium. It's an easy to use simulation with a gentle learning curve. Just buy baby fish from the store and keep them. Feed, train them and they will mature into adulthood. Thereafter, you may mate them for extra fish. Sell your extra fishes for a profit so that you can buy more expensive fishes to add to your collect. They also generates a higher profit when sold.

Your fish can fall sick if you don't feed them and clean their tank. Sick fishes will die after three days which means no ROI, so you have to check back on your tank regularly. I usually check on my tank once a day.

To me, success in this game is to keep a complete marine aquarium with a full complement of healthy and colorful marine fishes. Nothing beats looking at happy fishes swimming around beautiful coral like in a reef.

It's a simple application that only requires little time and effort. Cleaning the tank and feeding fishes requires just a few clicks. No need to change water, check filter and test for nitrate level.

The only problem is that freshwater fish like goldfish and betta splendens can be kept with marine fish which spoilt the realism a little. Anyway, it's just for good fun.

At the moment, I have 2 clown fish, 2 Angel fish and 2 Butterfly fish in my tank. I'm hoping to earn enough money so that I can acquire my first clown trigger eventually. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment